Perfect for scooping up dips, these whole grain wheat thins are deliciously crisp and chewy while delivering healthy alternatives to snacking.
1 1/4 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
1 1/2 Tablespoons Raw Organic Cane Sugar
1/2 Teaspoon Sea Salt
1/4 Teaspoon Paprika
4 Tablespoons Vegan Butter
6 Tablespoons Filtered Water
1/4 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
2 Tablespoons Sea Salt
3 Tablespoons Toasted Sesame Seeds
You Will Also Need:
- 2 Baking Sheets
- 1 Pack Parchment Paper
- 1 Large Size Mixing Bowl
- 1 Medium Size Mixing Bowl
- 1 Small Size Mixing Bowl
- 1 Whisk
- 2 Metal Forks
- 1 Well Floured Working Surface
- 1 Roll Pin
- 1 Pizza Cutter
- 1 Metal Spatula
- 2 Cooling Racks
- 1 Airtight Container
- Preheat oven to 400 degreesFahrenheit.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchmentpaper.
- Place all the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl and whisk them thoroughly.
- Add the vegan butter into the flour mixture and, using 2 metal forks, break it up until it crumbles.
- Pour the water into a medium bowl and mix it thoroughly with the vanilla extract.
- Pour the water mixture into the flour mixture and, using your hands, fold the two mixtures together until they form a smooth dough.
- Divide the dough into two even portions and place one of them onto a flat working surface.
- Using a roll pin, roll the dough to an even 1/16” thickness.
- Use a pizza cutter to cut rectangular shapes out of the extra thin dough.
- With the help of a spatula, carefully lift each wheat thin off the working surface and transfer it to a baking sheet.
- Repeat #8 through #10 until both baking sheets are filled with wheat thins.
- Combine the topping ingredients in a small mixing bowl and sprinkle the mixture over the wheat thins.
- Transfer both baking sheets into the oven and bake for 4 minutes.
- Rotate the sheets and continue to bake for another 4 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheets from the oven and set them over cooling racks.
- Store the wheat thins in an airtight container.