An apple a day keeps the doctor away and a caramel apple satisfies the sweet tooth like nothing else can.
3 Cups Ice Water
6 Small Size Organic Sweet Apples
1/4 Cup Unflavored Soy Half and Half Creamer
1/2 Cup Plain Unflavored Soy Yogurt
1 Cup Organic Raw Cane Sugar
1/4 Cup Pure Organic Maple Syrup
1 Tablespoon Vegan Butter
You Will Also Need:
- 1 Small Size Saucepan
- 1 Wooden Spoon
- 1 Medium Size Shallow Dish
- 6 Wooden Sticks
- 1 Medium Size Baking Sheet
- 1 Sheet Parchment Paper
- Pour the ice water into a shallow pan.
- Remove the stem off each apple and insert a stick in its stead.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pour the soy half and half creamer into a small saucepan and add the soy yogurt, the sugar and the maple syrup.
- Set the saucepan and its contents
over medium-high heat and stir with a wooden spoon until the sugar dissolves completely.
- Stop stirring but continue cooking for 10 minutes.
- Add the vegan butter and stir vigorously until it melts completely.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat source and set it immediately into the ice water.
- Working as rapidly as you can, hold an apple by its inserted stick and dip it into the caramel.
- You might need to use a spoon to ensure that the apple is completely coated.
- Transfer the caramel apple onto the parchment paper that’s lining a baking sheet.
- Repeat #9 through #11 until all 6 apples are done.
- Store the baking sheet and its contents in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes or until the caramel has hardened completely.