These vegan buttermilk waffles are better tasting than dairy buttermilk waffles and they are a whole lot more beneficial to your health.
Wet Waffle Ingredients:
2 Cups Unflavored Organic Soy Milk
4 Teaspoons Apple Cider Vinegar
1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
3 Tablespoons Filtered Water
Dry Waffle Ingredients:
1 Tablespoon Golden Flax Meal
5 Tablespoons Vegan Butter (melted)
3/4 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
2/3 Cup Whole Wheat All Purpose Flour
1/3 Cup Oat Bran
1/4 Cup Small to Medium GrindCornmeal (toasted)
2 Tablespoons Organic Raw Cane Sugar
1 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 Teaspoon Sea Salt
2 Cups Fresh Berries
1 Container Pure Maple Syrup
You Will Also Need:
- 1 Waffle Iron
- 1 Small Size Mixing Bowl
- 1 Medium Size Mixing Bowl
- 1 Large Size Mixing Bowl
- 1 Whisk
- 1 Large Size Skillet
- 1 Wooden Spoon
- 1 Can Canola Oil Spray
- 1 Large Size Ladle
- 1 Large Size Serving Platter
- Preheat a waffle iron.
- Pour the soy milk with the apple cider vinegar and vanilla extract into a medium size bowl and whisk thoroughly.
- Pour the water and golden flax meal into a small bowl, whisk thoroughly and allow to rest for approximately ten minutes.
- Pour the cornmeal into a large skillet.
- Set over low heat and, while continually stirring with a wooden spoon, allow it to toast for about 10 minutes or until the cornmeal turns golden brown.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Add in the soy milk and flax meal mixtures as well as the melted vegan butter.
- Using a wooden spoon, mix everything thoroughly.
- Generously coat the hot waffle iron with the canola oil spray.
- With the help of a ladle, scoop up the waffle batter and pour onto the waffle iron covering 3/4 of its surface.
- Cook for about 5 minutes or until the waffles turn golden brown.
- Transfer the waffles onto a serving platter.
- Repeat #10, #11 and #12 until you’ve used up all the batter to form 6 delicious waffles.
- Top the waffles with fresh berries and maple syrup and serve warm.