These apple fritters are guaranteed to warm your soul and satisfy your craving for something yummylicious!
Dry Fritter Ingredients:
1 Cup Whole Wheat All Purpose Flour
1/4 Cup Organic Raw Cane Sugar
3/4 Teaspoon Sea Salt
1 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
2 Teaspoons Cinnamon Powder
1 Teaspoon Ginger Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Nutmeg
Wet Fritter Ingredients:
1/3 Cup Almond Milk
3 Tablespoon Egg Beaters
2 Medium Size Organic Apples
2 Cup Coconut Oil
2 Cups Vegan Powdered Sugar
1/4 Cup Almond Milk
1/4 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
1/4 Teaspoon Cinnamon Powder
You Will Also Need:
- 1 Medium Size Mixing Bowl
- 2 Small Size Mixing Bowl
- 1 Wooden Spoon
- 1 Large Skillet
- 1 Medium Size Ladle
- 1 Metal Spatula
- 1 Roll Paper Towels
- 1 Cooling Rack
- 1 Whisk
- 1 Serving Platter
- Combine all the dry fritter ingredients in a medium size bowl and mix thoroughly with a wooden spoon.
- In a small mixing bowl, prepare the egg beaters by following the direction provided on their packaging.
- Mix in the milk from the wet fritter ingredients to the egg beaters.
- Transfer the contents of the small bowl to the dry ingredients in the medium size bowl and mix well to a smooth batter.
- Peel the apples, core them and then chop each one into 8 pieces.
- Add the apple chunks into the medium bowl with the batter and mix thoroughly.
- Pour the coconut oil into a large skillet and set it over maximum heat until it begins to sizzle then lower the heat to medium.
- Using a ladle, scoop up the batter and very carefully add it to the hot oil in the skillet.
- Quickly repeat #8 until all the batter is used up.
- Cook the apple fritters for about 2 minutes on one side or until they turn golden brown.
- Flip the apple fritters over with a metal spatula to cook for an additional 2 minutes on their other side.
- Transfer the browned apple fritters onto paper towels, flip them over and then move them to a cooling rack for several minutes.
- Arrange the apple fritters on a large serving platter.
- Place all the glaze ingredients into another small bowl and thoroughly whisk them together.
- Sprinkle half of the glaze mixture on top of the apple fritters and allow it to harden for about 3 minutes.
- Turn the apple fritters over and sprinkle them with the remaining glaze mixture.
- Serve while the apple fritters are still warm or after they’ve cooled.
Either way, they make a terrific snack.