This Southwestern style black bean & corn salad is filled with just the right amount of spice and tang. I love it and so will you.
3 Large Size Ears of Organic Corn
1/3 Cup Raw Pine Nuts
1/4 Cup Freshly Squeezed Organic Lime Juice
2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/4 Cup Fresh Cilantro
1/2 Teaspoon Sea Salt
1/4 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
2 Cups Organic Red Cabbage
1 Large Size Fresh Organic Tomato
1/2 Cup Fresh Organic Red Onion
2 15-Ounce Cans Black Beans
You Will Also Need:
- 1 Dutch Oven
- 1 Sharp Cutting Knife
- 1 Cutting Board
- 1 Medium Size Mixing Bowl
- 1 Large Size Mixing Bowl
- 1 Large Size Skillet
- 1 Wooden Spoon
- 1 Whisk
- 1 Pack Plastic Wrap
- Fill a Dutch oven with one inch of tap water and bring it to a rapid boil.
- Add the ears of corn, cover the Dutch oven and cook for about 3 minutes or until the corn is tender.
- Remove the corn from the oven and allow them to cool.
- Using a sharp cutting knife over a large bowl, husk the kernels off their ears.
- Pour the pine nuts into a skillet and set it over medium-low heat.
- While stirring continually with a wooden spoon, toast the pine nuts for about 3 minutes or until they become slightly brown and emit a nutty fragrance.
- Using a sharp knife and a cutting board, chop the fresh cilantro into fine bits.
- Place the cilantro into a large bowl and add the lime juice, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Thoroughly whisk the contents within the large bowl.
- Using a sharp knife and a cutting board, shred the red cabbage, dice the tomato and mince the onion.
- Add the cabbage, tomato and onion to the mixture within the large bowl.
- Drain and rinse the beans and add to the large bowl.
- Using a wooden spoon, toss all the ingredients within the large bowl and cover it with plastic wrap.
- Store in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes and then serve.