The following recipe yields eight spicy rolls over which your taste buds will celebrate with joy.
Peanut Sauce Ingredients:
2 Tablespoons Creamy Organic Peanut Butter
2 Tablespoons Pure Rice Vinegar
1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
2 Tablespoons Organic Turbinado Sugar
1/2 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
1 Tablespoon Filtered Water
Noodle Filling Ingredients:
1 1/2 Ounces Cellophane Noodles or Bean Threads
1/2 Teaspoon Sesame Oil
1/4 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
Vegetable Filling Ingredients:
1/3 Medium Size Organic Seedless Cucumber
1/2 Medium Size Organic Carrot
1/2 Medium Size Organic Red Bell Pepper
3 Medium Size Organic Radishes
1 Medium Size Organic Scallion
Vegetable Dressing Ingredients:
1/2 Tablespoon Pure Rice Vinegar
1/2 Teaspoon Turbinado Sugar
1/2 Tablespoon Freshly Squeezed Lime Juice
8 Rice Paper Wrappers
3 Cups Hot Filtered Water
20 Fresh Cilantro Leaves
20 Fresh Mint Leaves
Your Will Also Need:
- 2 Small Size Mixing Bowl
- 2 Medium Size Mixing Bowl
- 1 Whisk
- 1 Medium Size Saucepan
- 1 Box Grater
- 1 Sharp Knife
- 1 Cutting Board
- 1 Wooden Spoon
- 1 Medium Size Round Cake Pan
- 1 Medium Size Platter
- 1 Cookie Sheet
- 1 Damp Cloth Towel
- 8 Medium Size Serving Plates
- 8 Tiny Bowls
- Place all the peanut sauce ingredients in a small bowl and whisk them briskly to a smooth and creamy mixture, then set aside.
- Break the noodles into small bits and follow the cooking direction found on their package.
- Drain the noodles, place them into a medium size bowl, add the sesame oil and red pepper flakes and toss thoroughly.
- Using a box grater over a medium size bowl, slice the cucumber, carrot and red bell pepper into ultra thin strips.
- Using a sharp knife over a cutting board, dice the scallion and add to the other sliced vegetables.
- Place all the vegetable dressing ingredients into a small bowl and whisk them briskly.
- Pour the vegetable dressing over the vegetables and toss thoroughly with a wooden spoon.
- Pour the hot water from the roll ingredients into a round cake pan and allow it to cool off for about five minutes.
- Immerse a rice paper wrapper into the hot water for about 30 seconds or until it softens while repeatedly flipping it over from side to side.
- Spread it out immediately on a platter.
- Repeat #9 and #10 for the remaining 7 rice paper wrappers.
- Arrange a few herb leaves in the center of a rice paper wrapper.
- On top of that, place 1/8 of the noodles, then 1/8 of the vegetables, 1/8 of the cilantro and 1/8 of the mint leaves.
- Fold the top and bottom edges of the rice paper wrapper over the filling.
- Then fold the remaining two edges toward the center and roll it up until it is snuggly closed.
- Transfer roll to a cookie sheet and cover it up with a dampened cloth towel.
- Repeat #12 through #16 for the remaining 7 rice paper wrappers.
- Pour the peanut sauce into 8 tiny bowls.
- Using a sharp cutting knife, slice each roll in half, place both halves on a plate along with one tiny bowl filled with peanut sauce and serve.