1- Pepperoncini Sandwich
2 thick slices whole wheat bread
2 tbsps cream cheese, softened
6 slices cucumber
2 tbsps alfalfa sprouts
1 tsp olive oil
1 tsp red vinegar
1 tomato, sliced
- Get a bowl and mix the blue cheese with some mayo.
- Coat your bread with 2 tbsps of this mix.
- Place a quarter of your chicken breast on four pieces of bread.
- Then layer the following on each piece: lettuce, avocado, hard boiled egg, beef, another piece of bread.
- Enjoy with some blue cheese on the side for dipping.
2- The Brooklyn Style Sandwich
3 C. shredded cabbage
2 tbsps vegetable oil
2 tbsps apple cider vinegar
2 tbsps white sugar
1 tsp adobo seasoning
1 tsp ground black pepper
4 C. vegetable oil for frying
3 whole russet potatoes
8 thick slices Italian bread
1 lb sliced pastrami (divided)
4 slices provolone cheese
8 slices tomato
- Get a bowl and combine evenly: black pepper, cabbage, adobo, veggie oil (2 tbsps), sugar, and vinegar.
- Get a large pot and get your oil to 375 degrees then set your oven to 225 degrees before doing anything else.
- Dice your potatoes into slices and fry them in the oil for 6 mins.
- Now place the potatoes to the side.
- For 6 mins toast your bread in the oven.
- On 4 slices of bread layer: pastrami and cheese.
- Now toast the pieces for 4 more mins to melt the cheese.
- Layer the following on the pastrami: 2 tomato pieces, cabbage mix, fried potatoes, and another piece of toasted bread.
3- Countryside Beef and Mushroom Sandwich
1 loaf hearty country bread, unsliced
3 tbsps vegetable oil, divided
1 (3 lb) boneless beef round steak, 2 inches thick
1 onion, thinly sliced
2 C. sliced fresh mushrooms
1 clove garlic, minced, or to taste
salt to taste
ground black pepper to taste
garlic salt to taste
- Slice off a piece of bread from the loaf and keep it for later.
- Now remove the inside center of the loaf.
- This space is to be filled later.
- Fry your steak in 1 tbsp of veggie oil for 6 mins per side then place the steak to the side.
- Stir fry your mushrooms, onions, and garlic for 7 mins until the onions are see through
in 2 more tbsps of veggie oil.
- Fill the hollowed bread with: the mushrooms, onions, and steak.
- Put the first piece of bread you sliced off earlier back on the loaf.
- Now cover everything with foil.
- Lay the bread in a casserole dish and place something heavy on top of it. Like a cast iron frying pan with jars of water in it.
- For 7 hrs let the bread sit in the fridge with the pan on top of it.
- When ready to serve, cut the sandwich into servings.
4- Meatball Madness Sandwich
1 lb ground beef
3/4 C. bread crumbs
2 tsps dried Italian seasoning
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsps minced fresh parsley
2 tbsps grated Parmesan cheese
1 egg, beaten
1 French baguette
1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 pinch salt, or to taste
1 (14 oz.) jar spaghetti sauce
4 slices provolone cheese
- Set your oven to 350 degrees before doing anything else.
- Get a bowl, combine: eggs, beef, parmesan, bread crumbs, parsley, garlic, and Italian seasoning.
- Mold the mix into your preferred size of meatballs and cook them in the oven for 22 mins.
- Now cut your bread and take out some of the inside so the meatballs fit better.
- Toast the bread for 6 mins in the oven after coating it with some olive oil, salt, and garlic powder.
- Get a saucepan and heat up your pasta sauce.
- Add in your meatballs to the sauce after they are cooked and mix everything.
- Put some meatballs into your bread and then toast the sandwich in the oven for 4 mins before serving.